notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Random Election Day Thoughts

of no particular significance.

1) I am very happy that so many elderly people decided to go out and vote this morning, really I am. But, the rest of us have places to be so please get your car out of my way. And I was equally thrilled that so many of you decided to go grocery shopping after voting. There is nothing like experiencing road rage and shopping aisle rage in the same morning.

2) Homemade candidate signs on people lawns were amusing. I appreciated their unbridled enthusiasm. However, some of the people have apparently never become acquainted with a dictionary.

3) If you say you are going to move out of the country if Bush is re-elected, please do it. I am tired of hearing you say it since *before* the last election, yet do *nothing* to become the least bit politically active in over 4 years, except complain. Please don't make me have to kidnap you, throw you in my trunk, and drop you over the border of Canada. I am too busy already.

4) You are not supposed to vote for the person the polls tell you will win . You are supposed to vote for who you want to win. (Unless of course they are the same person.) But I have heard so many people say they wanted to vote for x, but think y is going to win, so they are going to vote for y so that they don't throw their vote away. I am frightened by the American public sometimes.

5) There is no such thing as a wasted vote.

6) Voting with all your over-sugared, hyperactive children along adds a whole new dimension to the voting process. I like to think we provided some much needed entertainment to the masses. At least I was able to blame the brawl that occurred between my children on political differences.

7) Rob somehow is no longer registered to vote. He had to fill out a provisional ballot, which only allowed him to vote for the President. You think it will actually be counted? Me neither.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe this. I set out to get some ideas on my new site.. you know themes, color, layout, etc.... and I can't believe how much stuff I've found looking around. I'm liking some of the stuff I see here... some good ideas at least. I'm not sure if I want to go with normal blue underlined links or if I want an entire theme of colors for all of the text and the links too. Anyway, nice page, it gave me something to chew on. If anyone actually sees this and feels like it, you can check out my site. gel fireplace

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home