notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

32 Weeks

Even though I have done this before, I am still amazed at how a body can stretch and change shape to accommodate a growing baby.

And even though I know my belly will get much larger than this in the coming weeks, I can't fathom it right now.





I had my prenatal appointment on Tuesday and all is going well. Gained 4 pounds in the past 3 weeks, bringing me to a grand total of 26 lbs so far. Typical for me is a 45 lb weight gain, but I am so hoping not to get there.

Though, I willingly admit, not hoping quite enough to prevent me from scarfing down brownies recently, as evidenced by the increasing size of the counter weight known as my big fat butt.

If I have this baby on the same timetable as my others I have about 6 weeks left. The only time I have made it to 38 weeks was with my last baby, and coincidentally only girl. I have nothing ready yet, but then again since my first baby I haven't done anything in advance.

I do need to go buy the baby book. Can't stop that family tradition now ;-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Wow we must be due within days of each other. I'm due the 18th -21st of December depending on which dates you use. But for me the only time I've delivered early was with my last pregnancy at about 38.5 weeks. Usually I hang in there until right at 40 weeks.I share your thoughts, on how the belly just keeps growing even though it seems impossible???? Any guesses on boy/girl? You didn't find out right? I really enjoy reading your blog. You always manage to make me laugh:-)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Wow we must be due within days of each other. I'm due the 18th -21st of December depending on which dates you use. But for me the only time I've delivered early was with my last pregnancy at about 38.5 weeks. Usually I hang in there until right at 40 weeks.I share your thoughts, on how the belly just keeps growing even though it seems impossible???? Any guesses on boy/girl? You didn't find out right? I really enjoy reading your blog. You always manage to make me laugh:-)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

OOOPS sorry about that. Can I blame it on preggo brain??LOL

11:36 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

OOPS sorry about that. Can I blame it on preggo brain???LOL

11:47 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

OK I am seriously not trying to screw up your comment section. I swear the comment was not there and I refreshed and everything. Hiding head in shame.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

LOL!!!
Sure can blame it on preggo brain, that is my standard answer for everything :-)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

OK, this preggo brain will try not to post twice! Just wanted to say you make me laugh, too--somehow when I tell the same story (I have many similar episodes in my life) it doesn't come out as funny. I had a similar trip to Meijer today--striking out, spending $250 (some was groceries) and zero customer service. However, I did abort the next planned stop, Lowe's.

You look great! You couldn't possibly gain 20 more pounds in 6 weeks.

Since I am typically a week late and you are early, we will have babies less than a month apart also.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home