notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I Don't Have Enough Flat Surfaces...

More tsotchkes than one mother deserves to have to dust...

And to think I only paid $600 for them all...

Who needs food when you can have art...




I present the results of my children's 8 week long pottery class.


Missing from the photo are face masks made by 2 of the children, and a "set" of eleven (?!?)matching mugs which still needed to be fired. (Please note the terms "matching" and "mugs" are used loosely here.)


And lest I give you the impression that this is the only art in our house, I present the fireplace mantle in our dining room. (Please note I did not choose this wall color, it came with the house)

Here we have Lego Yoda, who is still sporting remnants of his Halloween attire, caterpillars made from egg cartons, butterflies made from coffee filters and pipe cleaners, some beans and seeds attractively glued to plastic dishes, and a Lego creation that was deemed worthy of display by it's maker.






Who says we don't have art in this house?

4 Comments:

Blogger Babette said...

I feel your pain as my youngest four are taking ceramics now. You have much art and love in your house!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Babette said...

I feel your pain as my youngest four are taking ceramics now. You have much art and love in your house!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

What beautiful art! :) Most of our art is homemade, too.

My oldest watched the potters at Plimoth Plantation with a lot of curiosity. That's what she wants to do. Oh good. I'm saying 6 is too young.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Not quite as bad here but I've got a big collection of sculpey clay animals and I don't know what's (that the younger two made) on my desk! I hope none of them asks to take a pottery class! LOL You're a good Mom to display it all.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home