notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Should I Wear a Post-It Note On My Belly?

because apparently my enormous belly in and of itself does not cause my husband to remember that we are having a baby soon.

Today he phoned from work to tell me about a business trip he was going to take mid-December.

At first I thought he was joking, since we are having a baby in December.

But as he talked on I realized that he had forgotten that we are having a baby. He says he didn't forget, that it slipped his mind. That sounds much better doesn't it? Much more passive. it slipped out of his mind, purely out of his control.

But I'd love to hear the gossip 'round the water cooler when his boss gets his email saying he can't make the trip because the fact we are having a baby slipped out of his mind.







4 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

OMG! That is so funny! My husband did the same thing the week before I delivered this last time. Him and his father was planning a trip out of town which involved flying somewhere. The sad thing here is that my FIL was making the plans, like he forgot I was pregnant too.
HOW DOES SOMETHING LIKE THAT SLIP YOUR MIND?

10:18 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

When are you due?

10:18 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

At least it's not like my dh, who DID remember and scheduled one anyway!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Babette said...

Too busy providing for you to remember the details?! ;~) I think my husband became so used to seeing me pregnant that it grew to be "old hat"! May I confess to missing that state now that I'm 50? I do...

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home