notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 19, 2004

What A Save




Tonight we celebrated my youngest son's fourth birthday.

He wanted a carrot cake from the grocery store with the icing shaped carrots on top. So Rob stopped at the grocery store on his way home from work to buy the cake and candles.

We got ready to have cake and got the candles out of the bag. One of the older children held up the number and said, 'Dad, Why did you buy a number three?'

Rob and I froze and looked at each other. This was potentially catastrophic.

But quick thinking that he is, Rob said,'Of course it is a three. It is because he used to be three.'

The older children looked at Rob like he had lost his mind and I shot them all the "look" to convey to them the importance of keeping their mouths shut or face grave personal danger. The birthday boy took it in stride. Tantrum averted. We breathed a sigh of relief and ate cake.





2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

ROTFL... ya'll are quick on your feet!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Don't be too hard on him. I once had the birthday girl point out to me I had miscounted. I had only put 4 candles on when there should have been 5. Silly mom, such a math failure! lol

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home