notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

My Aching Back

Warning: Huge whine alert, read at your own risk ;-)

I have so far refrained from complaining, but I can't do it any longer.
My back hurts.

No, it HURTS.

I have not had this level of back pain in any of my pregnancies. My butt hurts and the pain radiates down my leg to the back of my knee.

I have not found anything that helps to alleviate the pain. I don't like to take anything when I am pregnant, but I have been forced to take tylenol now a few times or else collapse in a worthless heap on the floor.

The sad irony in all of this is that I am probably the thinnest and in the best shape pregnancy wise since my first two pregnancies. I am not used to being a "wimpy" pregnant woman. Usually I do all the things I normally do... hiking, running around with the kids outside, carrying babies and toddlers, up until I have the baby. Now I feel like a lazy sloth, constantly ordering my minions, errr I mean children, to fetch me things, grab the baby, pick stuff up off the floor.

And I still have another 12 weeks (assuming that I don't go past 38 weeks, which I haven't yet) to go, in which I will just get larger and presumably more uncomfortable.

Today we went for a walk to our friend's house and the post office, which is about 4 miles round trip. It was attempt number two to mail Sue the fabric for her quilt. The first attempt failed when I forgot to bring the fabric with me. Attempt number two was a bust since I forgot to bring my wallet and the post office has this annoying habit of wanting to *charge* you to mail things. I may just get a big box and mail myself clutching the fabric. Surely relaxing on the beach in Hawaii, with nothing heavier to lift than my virgin fruity drink with a little umbrella, would cure my aching back ;-)

But I digress. I felt great walking most of the way. But the way home is mostly uphill and I was pushing a stroller with the baby and a big box of books I had ordered from Amazon. I also had a whiny 3 yr old who kept grabbing the handle of the stroller and wanting me to propel him up the hills. By the time I got home I was not feeling so great. In fact if I could have laid down in my driveway and not gotten up ever again, I would have.

Sigh. my whining is over. If anyone has any advice on how to "fix" my back I'd love to hear it. So far everyone has told me that it won't go away until I am un-pregnant.

Oh and if anyone dares to mention that I am going on vacation where I will be standing and walking around for DAYS, all I will say is that I can not be held accountable for my actions ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

LOL. I was going to suggest the same as Sue except I used an old, long coffee table with it's legs up on a step im my kitchen attaining the proper angle.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

Okay I realy need to get my mind out of the gutter here ;-)
I was thinking of going outside and hanging upside down from the kids playscape, but I could probably find an old table or wood of some sort and try Lisa's idea. Hmmmm... but then I would deprive my neighbors of the gossip of the crazy pregnant lady hanging upside down. LOL

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I plan to bookmark it for future posts. chronic lower back pain

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home