notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Blueberries and Swimming

This morning after breakfast we headed to a local pick-your-own farm. All the things the kids have been wanting me to make with our blueberries was not going to happen with the 1 cup they have managed to pick from our bushes. The farm also has vegetables that you can pick and so we thought we would do that also while we were there.



I was hoping to pick 2 flats of blueberries, 16 pints, but it was SO incredibly hot out and there was no shade from the sun, obviously since the bushes need lots of direct sunshine to grow. We left after picking one flat and decided that we didn't want to pick vegetables at all. I think one of my children began whining they were so hot and didn't even like vegetables and the rest of the agreed..and so I was out voted.




When we came home from blueberry picking the children could not wait to get into the pool. Even though it was sweltering outside, the water was freezing. But that doesn't seem to matter to children.

I had not yet put the ladder together for them to climb into the pool themselves, but they were all too impatient to wait. So I picked each of them up and threw them into the frigid water. After about 5 minutes several of them were wishing that they had waited for me to put the ladder together so that they could get out! I put the ladder together as quickly as I could without any tools, because I had not thought to bring any outside and I couldn't go back to the house and leave the children unsupervised in the pool.

Which brings me to something I had not considered at all during the pool saga. I have to sit all the way out there in the backyard to supervise the entire time they are swimming. Duh...sounds obvious, but I hadn't really thought about how the pool was going to impact the time I have to do things around the house.



But who can begrudge these happy smiling children??

And one benefit of swimming all afternoon is tired children. They should go to sleep early tonight and sleep in late. Right? Well, I can always hope.

We had a pizza party for dinner tonight. I ordered pizza, we rolled up the rug in the family room, took the tv out of the closet and watched a video while we ate. Now I am experiencing the other side of tired children. They are all cranky and irrational, 6:30 isn't too early for bed is it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Hi Chris,
I enjoyed reading your blog. Glad to see you finally got the pool up and running. That is the same type of pool my DH wants to get (even though we live 2 minutes walk from a lake). I will warn him about the dangers of kids helping to open the package if he does buy one!
Jodi

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home