notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The Pool Saga Continues

This morning I had a bunch of whining complaining kids around me.  They were whining about this and that and all the other various injustices that have been inflicted upon them, and somehow all these things are my fault. 
 
The crummy weather lately....my fault.

The missing remote control car, that I don't even remember...my fault.

The fact that the 8 yr old didn't get up from bed this morning until after everyone else had already eaten breakfast and therefore there was none of his "favorite" cereal left... my fault.

The fact that I didn't know it was his "favorite" cereal...my fault.

The pee all over the toliet seat that 5yr old sat in...my fault.
 
Throw in world hunger and the war in Iraq and I am pretty much to blame for all the ills in the world.
 
They did have one point with which I could agree. 
 
The pool is not set up yet..
 
It is still sitting in the box on our front porch.    Sigh, again I am reminded the Mother of the Year Award is nowhere in my reaches.
 
I had been waiting for Rob to help me set it up.  When we set up the pool the last time it seemed very heavy and I didn't think I would be able to manage it alone.  But I realized today that like most of the boring chores around here I had better just do it myself or it had no chance in hell of getting done.
 
So I told the children we would try to set it up ourselves.  First off I forbid my 3 and 5 yr olds from going anywhere near the pool and told them as an extra precaution they should try to avoid even looking at it.  Because there is no way I would consider replacing it again.  

I frisked them down to make sure they had no concealed weapons that might damage the pool.  My 5 yr old told me he just had his "emergency" jack knife.  What kind of emergency requires a 5 yr old to have a jack knife, I have no idea.  But this same child showers and puts on his clothes at night because he doesn't "have time" in the morning.  I suppose if we ever have to flee our house in the middle of the night the joke will be on the rest of us.  We will all be in various stages of undress, but he will be fully clothed AND have his jack knife.  But I digress.
 
After  I did the full body searches and made sure that no one had anything remotely sharp or pointy on them I opened up the box.  The boys got out the wheelbarrow and made a few trips to get all the pool parts to the back yard.  It is amazing how diligently they work when it directly benefits them.   Hmmmm I guess the same can be said for me.  Yes we will set up the pool RIGHT NOW. 

But please...please.... I am begging you... for the love of God stop whining at me.   

It was surprisingly easy to set up.  Maybe because this time I had help that actually listened to what I had to say ;-)

As I type this the pool is filling up.  I can only hope that tomorrow morning when I go back out to check it that the water is still actually in the pool.   Because if it isn't I might just impale myself with that emergency jack knife.
    
    

     
     
 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home