notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 18, 2004

So I Am A Wimp

 
Tonight I was about to sit down on the couch with my computer when I saw something flying out of the corner of my eye.  At first I thought...big black moth? 
 
Noooooo, it was a BAT
 
I behaved like the stereotypical wimpy female and screamed, hurdled the furniture, leapt over the baby, and ran out of the room.   I ran up the stairs yelling for the baby to follow me.   Of course she just stood there laughing at me, like her father.  It took few deep breaths and the summoning of my courage to go down the stairs and "rescue" her.  
 
As we stood at the top of the stairs I explained to her that *this* is the reason I got married.  I got married so I would never have to take out the garbage, kill disgusting bugs, or catch mice.  (the last one has also evolved into squirrels and bats, something I never could have even imagined in my worst nightmares 10 years ago)
 
Luckily Rob sprung into action and got the bat, who unfortunately for it,  paid the ultimate sacrifice for venturing into our home. 
 
After this, the numerous mice, and the squirrel incident from last year, I am pretty sure that PETA will not be solicting us for a membership anytime soon. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home