notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

The Un-party

I made a chocolate cake with vanilla icing and rainbow sprinkles. My 9 yr old said he thought it was a bit too festive looking for a "funeral cake". Oh well, I told him I was sorry and that next time he could tell me a more appropriate type of cake to make for the occasion.

He answered with, "Next time? Why do you say next time? None of my pets are going to die again!" Okay. Perhaps he is forgetting about all the little headstones under our pine tree. Not the best track record I am afraid.

The candles the 3 and 5 yr old wanted to put on the cake were out also, because it was NOT a time for celebration.

When it was time for us to eat the cake we had to bring all the other toads in their terariums so they could be part of the event. I did veto going outside and sitting in the turtle habitat with the toads while we ate our cake. I'm just mean like that.




While we were eating I commented how cute it was that one toad was on top of the other toad having a piggy-back ride. My 9 yr old rolled his eyes at me and informed me that they were mating. He went on to tell us all that they do this several times a day for at least a half hour each time.

I had no idea.

Just waiting for him to ask for clarification now on how I actually got pregnant. After watching the toads he might be a bit disappointed ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home