notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

To Do List, the Annotated Version

I like to make lists. I'll admit I am not very good at actually following through and doing the things that are on the list. Somehow just writing the items down makes me feel like I have accomplished something. And yes, I'll admit, I often add things to the list after I have done them just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing them off.

Today my list includes:

1) Put away laundry
2) Drink large cup of coffee done
3) Get dressed done
4) Mop the kitchen floor in anticipation of babysitter coming over to the house today oh well
5) Instill the fear of death into certain children if they misbehave for the babysitter later today done, and from what I heard it was quite effective
6) Go to dentist and have stitches from gum surgery removed done, ouch
7) Mentally beat self up for forgetting the tooth fairy last night done, done, and done again
8) Walk 2 miles on treadmill done in spite of myself and my supreme bargaining abilities
8.5)try to convince self that today is not a good day for walking on the treadmill done
9) Complain excessively over the fact that it is SNOWING in April done, over done some might say
10) Change a poopy diaper, and another,and yet another done
11) Yell at children for running through the house like a bunch of wild animals done
12) Think about what to make for dinner done
13) Decide to think about it more fully later done
14) Make dinner done well, I made sauce and meatballs in the crockpot for Rob to serve the kids when he got home
15) Wash 3 loads of laundry what the hell else is new
16) Fold 3 loads of laundry from today, and the 3 from yesterday the bane of my existence
17) Put all six loads away (Just noticed I wrote this on my list twice... and ignored it twice!)
18) Ask 8 yr old if he'd like to cough in my face a few more times, because nothing says love like a face full of spittle done
19)Shop at Target oh yeah, and this deserves a post all of it's own
20)Scrub toothpaste off of bathroom wall done, but why must the kids wipe toothpaste on the wall
21) Take money out from my wallet and put on table for the tooth fairy done, hope she remembers to put it under the pillow
22) Check email like I need to put this on a list
23) Drink my diet vanilla Dr Pepper, which is like the bastard child of cream soda and Dr Pepper or this
24) Type this post done, but good Lord I don't think I have ever written a more boring post

18 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Your list and mine are remarkably similar but, you have really mastered the detail. I should always put drink coffee on my list then I'd at least get to cross one thing off!

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of strange places for toothpaste, my 9-year-old daughter has an uncanny knack for getting toothpaste on the back of her head, a few inches below her crown. She has longish hair (past the shoulders), but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how she gets it on the back of her head. After several times of questioning her on how she is able to accomplish this, I have given up. The best explanation is that she is just M (quite possibly the messiest girl in the world)! *sigh*

Not to mention, just last week I found toothpaste nearly across the entire width of my shower curtain?!?!?!? And how??? Surely, the fact that there are 3 kiddles (8-8-9) in there brushing at the same time has nothing to do with it.

12:19 AM  
Blogger nrp said...

I always make the first item of my to-do list "make a list", that way I always accomplish something... Right.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Maya said...

In an attempt to give you inspiration for a list you have already finished: Pleaase visit my "Darwin Award" post and make a list of the Dumbest Things You've ever Done! Cheers!

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL now that is my kind of list, it's just about all done :)
Don't you just hate forgetting to tell the damn tooth fairy about the latest loss. I too have been guilty of this almost unforgivable sin, I used the lame explanation that it was a public holiday and the fairy was on vacation.

3:01 AM  
Blogger Jeana said...

You couldn't be more wrong. (about the post being boring) I always read blogs while I'm drinking my coffee at 5:45 before the kids are up. (NO, I'm not a morning person, but I was dumb enough to agree to a babysitting job before I asked what time she would be coming in the morning.) Anyway, I was just going to add to my list, "Don't read The Big Yellow House (sorry, I still think of you that way) before the kids are up, because inevitably you will laugh too loud and wake the kids."
The 3 loads a day comment got me--luckily after that I was covering my mouth when I got to the cherry vanilla Diet DP comment--I love that stuff!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Jeana said...

OH! and the tooth fairy--is he too old to fall for the old "stuff the dollar in your fist, plant it while pretending to look for the dollar money yourself, and then say what, you didn't see this" bit? That's my fall back. except really it's my routine, because I always forget.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That darned tooth fairy. She/He is frequently so busy that she/he forgets to come and leave the cash until the tooth has been out for several days. I leave notes for myself and then they get lost under the general mess!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I love to put totally obvious things on my to-do list, like make dinner and shower (although that one can be tricky somedays). Good luck with the laundry!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It can't be that boring if it made me laugh and feel a lot better about my laundry existence! Piles and piles! P.s. How do you instill that fear in your kids? Mine laugh at me!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our tooth fairy always forgets too! I have convinced my children that they weren't meant to lose that tooth that day(because obviously they wiggled it so much that it fell out early) so they werent on the tooth fairies list of stops to make. But if they write a big enough note then maybe the tooth fairy will see it from fairy land and add them to her list.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Wicked Stepmom said...

If this is a boring post, then I am the biggest loser b/c I just AIM'd item #18 to my girlfriend (with whom I seem to be in a race to see who reads your blog first each morning!).

9:48 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Chris, I don't think you can even write a boring post. They are all funny and intriguiging (sp). Even my dh is asking me daily what is up at the big yellow house! lol....

10:23 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

The toothfairy once got lost at my house & accidentally put money under MY pillow! Can you imagine such a thing? :)

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If You are looking for more info on audio books and am glad to be on your site. If you want to find out more about......audio books then go visit http://homebooks4u.com......You wont be disapointed..Thanks For Visiting

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job with your blog.

http://health-network.servehttp.com/health/

tooth whitening products compared

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site.

West St Louis County tooth whitening
http://health-network.servehttp.com/health/

Regards,
Gerald E.
http://health-network.servehttp.com/health/
West St Louis County tooth whitening

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Magazine Blog, it is coo to!

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home