notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

With Friends Like This

The other day, a friend told me that she had a dream that I ran away from home. And she was the one who found me.

She went to IKEA to go shopping and there I was "in New Haven, living it up and having a grand old time". What? Why would I be in New Haven? And why IKEA? If I'm running away I am not buying furniture I have to assemble myself. I lived in that city while going to college and there wasn't all that much living it up and having a grand old time there then, if you discount finding prostitutes turning tricks in the stairwell, having the window on your car smashed in every other week until you drove around with plastic and duct tape, and people being shot on your street corner.

If I'm running away it would be a relaxing tropical island somewhere. I'd really have to be crazy to run away to New Haven.

On the other hand, I have another friend who also had a dream about me. She prefaced telling this dream to me by saying that she thinks she is psychic because her dreams always come true. She then proceeded to tell me she dreamt that I died in a car accident. Well, gee thanks for that. Personally I would prefer if she would dream about the winning lottery numbers and share that information.

The only conclusion that I can come to from these two seemingly conflicting dreams is that I am going to die in a car accident and New Haven is Hell.

Either that or I need some new damn friends, which is probably much more likely.

5 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I never dream about other people dying - just me. And I've had three dreams that I remember in which I died, thereby blowing up that myth that if you die in your dream, you die in real life. I think that probably applies to other people's dreams, too...

10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well I would be your friend, but I just typed up a post about the dream I had about running away with dooce's husband.

But I promise very hard to dream tonight about you winning big in Lotto, especially if you'll share.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you were from Yale? :)

6:01 AM  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

Oh yeah? My younger sisterinlaw told me yesterday that she dreamed I had a bunch of window seats in my house and when you lifted the seats to look in the compartments I had stored a bunch of dead cats and dogs. What does that tell you?

5:59 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Tell the psychic friend that your 'other' psychic friend dreamed you ran away to IKEA first and you like that dream better. ;)

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home