notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Take Me Out To The Ballgame, Over and Over and Over Again

No, I'm not in prison, just living in my own personal baseball hell.

In the morning... baseball CAMP! In the late afternoon, baseball practice for two different All Star teams at two different times! I feel like I am living in the YES network... all baseball, all the time! yes, I am shouting! Look at my overuse of exclamation points!

I did take some time during the morning baseball camp to go to the Hitchcock Furniture store. There I spied a chair that I fell in love with. And it with me. I called Rob and told him that the chair is beckoning for me to come back and get it. Even though I am miles away at my own home, I hear it's pitiful lament. The best part, I told Rob, is that it is on sale. Now it only costs a small fortune.


CONVERSATION OVERHEARD AT MY HOUSE SATURDAY NIGHT

Me: What is today's date?
Rob: The 25th I think.
Me: Oh, our anniversary was yesterday. Happy Anniversary.
Rob: Happy Anniversary! Why do we always forget?
Me: I don't know. Maybe because we didn't have a wedding we don't feel connected to that date.
Rob: We never forget the anniversary of our first date.
Me: Or the first time we had sex.
Rob: Maybe we should just celebrate that from now on, our sexaversary.
Me: I just don't think that is as socially acceptable.
Me: It's a good thing that we married each other, I think there are other people who would be really upset about a forgotten anniversary.
Rob: Did you really know that it was our anniversary and you were testing me to see if I remembered?
Me: No, why would I do that?
Rob: (laughing) Because there is some really big present that you want and you want to guilt me into buying it?
Me: Nah, you should know me well enough by now that if I want something I just talk about it ad nauseum. Then you finally get sick of hearing me talk and you tell me to just go and buy it.
Rob: So what is you want?
Me: I'm not sure yet, I'll let you know.


Ummmm, honey, I know what I want now.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

We always forget too, well partly because we have two anniversary's one from here one from UK! Anyway, wanted to let you know that I've changed my main blog to http://stepbystep-learningathome.blogspot.com/
If you could link that one instead it would be great. I gave the catsndogsone to so many people, like neighbors. I couldn't write freely anymore. So silly. This one I'm only giving to HS'ers keeping the other to show pictures to the relatives. Thanks and sorry this is so long. I couldn't find your email address. Jodi

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, it was our Anniversary too on the 24th! (16 years) Funny how we have a Myles (12/31/04)too and also only one girl (she's 11)..... Dot, flower.girl

7:53 PM  
Blogger elzie said...

We forgot ours this year - first time (11 years - but the last four have been ROCKY). Everywhere I looked or read - kept telling me that I was in a sucky marriage if we forgot thee DATE! B.S. - I think there are all KINDS of important *versarys* and glad you have found the ones that are important to just you two ;-)

8:36 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

happy anniversary! I want to see the chair!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Ahhh...guilt is the BEST way to the BEST gifts. Good work - keep it up!

;)
Meg

8:54 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Happy Anniversary!

But, now for the important part....a picture of the cool chair!!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT?!?! Your anniversary and your sexaversary are not the same date? Does your mother know? ;^)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

LOL anonymous,yes my mother knew since I was 5 months pregnant at my wedding, though it didn't stop her from trying to pass my 8lb son off as a 24 week preemie ;-)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

We were married the day before Thanksgiving .... We never remember the exact date so we just celebrate the Wednesday before Thanksgiving .... It is easier that way.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home