notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 29, 2005

I Have Reached The Summit

I feel the hot sun shining on upon my face. It is good.

I survey basket after basket of clean and folded laundry. I tear off my supplemental oxygen mask and relish in the glory that is mine.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


But the happiness is short lived. I cannot linger long at the top of Mt Never-rest.

There is already another full basket of clothes from today, plus baseball uniforms, pulling me back down.

Oh the colorful tees
and the many blue jeans,
with the pockets full of rocks.
Twenty mismatched socks,
where the washer never stops,
on top of Never-rest mountain.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching the summit! I have nightmares that my laundry will someday (soon) overtake the house and bury us all, only to be found by archeologists years later who will claim it as evidence of a lost and overdressed civilization. And, btw, is that last little rhyme to the tune of "The Big Rock Candy Mountain"?!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Congrats on reaching the summit!

I *thought* I had reached the summit and could enter the weekend with an empty laundry hamper.... but, as I watched my 4yo pulling on the handle with both feet placed firmly on the wall on either side of said hamper in the style of a miniature rock climber, I realized that in the 2 days it took me to do the laundry, the damn hamper was full again.

*sigh*

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have nearly a much washing as me lol. No amount of "Please wear it for another day. You are only in the garden do you really NEED clean jeans for that?" works or "Please don't recycle clothes cos you can't be bothered to put them away." helps either. The mountain grows ever higher. My electricity bill for our tumble dryer for winter is £95 a month!!!!! We wear out a washing machine every two years and I still have daily war cry of "Mum!!!!! I can't find any socks."

Ruth

12:45 PM  
Blogger MF said...

You're my hero. Truly. Also, I love the big rock candy mountain.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I only have a domestic Mount Washmore here. After directing 9yo to do his laundry today I looked at the stairs. Did you know hampers can drool socks as you move along?

4:17 PM  
Blogger AC said...

Washing pile ...no problem but Mount Ironing...I'll NEVER reach the top off!
Ally

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations ;)

hmm... i have no suggestions, other than for mismatched socks - maybe keep everybody's socks a different color (ie, red for one child, yellow for another)... or everybody who's the same size one color? then no matter what, you can just throw all the socks together that are the same color :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! Enjoy the view!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be amazed at the simplicity of this diet! This diet helps keep the weight off.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home