notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Doesn't Play Well With Others

That is probably what it says on my chart.

But I can't stand rude nurses and assinine rules. I can't stand being talked down to and patronized. And my office visit today had all of these things. You know things aren't going well when you find yourself rolling your eyes and muttering "whatever" under your breath.


I was going to type a big long vent detailing all the things that annoyed me about my visit, but I have decided to just let it go. Who needs all the negative energy.

The ultrasound went well. The few pictures that I did get to bring home are not very clear or good quality so I don't think I'll post them. I could have bought a CD-ROM of ulatrasound pictures for $20 *cash, upfront...as in break out your wallet right this minute while you are laying on the table*. I declined. I sarcastically asked if she had a thriving little side business going on. She didn't find it funny, apparently MOST people, ie those who should be parents, like to buy them. ::insert eyeroll and "whatever"::

It was nice to see the little bugger moving and flipping all over the place. In a moment of weakness I asked to know the sex. She said it looked like a boy. The she said, "huh, now it looks like a girl. I think it's a girl". Then she went for another look and said she had no idea as she couldn't tell if she was seeing the cord or a penis. So I know nothing more than what I knew before I went in yesterday. Only now I am a bit freaked out that I have some sort of mutant baby with two sets of genetalia.

After the ultrasound I had my visit with the doctor. I walked over to the scale and the nurse yelled at me for getting on with my sandals on. I always get weighed with my shoes on, seems a bit odd to me to take off your shoes in the hallway. They were sandals for pete's sake not steel toed work boots and could not weigh more than a few ounces. She informed me that they like to be as accurate as possible and that she would appreciate my co-operation. ::insert eyerolling and "whatever"::

As she is recording my weight in the chart she comments that I have not gained any weight this past month. So I had to tell her that last month I was weighed with my heavy sandals on. She responded that they "have their rules". ::insert eyerolling and "whatever" ::


No, I can't keep my mouth shut, much to the dismay of my terminally nice husband who I am sure is cringing as he is reading this, wondering why in God's name he married such a surly teenager (his words).

Yeah I know why... and it is cause of these sorts of doctor visits ;-)




2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

(((((Chris))))) Sorry to hear that you had an awful appointment. Sounds like the eye rolling and whatever's were well deserved for that nurse!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm just a retiree from Kansas surfing around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hi. Blog on!

Regards,
Mark


platform sandal

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home