notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 11, 2004

The Daily Test Of My Mental Stability

Rob took the oldest boys back to the lake this morning for more fishing. I am beginning to wonder if I like this boat idea, it hasn't proven to be much fun for me that's for sure.

I took the opportunity to clean the kitchen, by far my LEAST favorite room in this house. The previous owner, an elderly woman, redid the kitchen in the late 1980's. And aside from it not being functional, it is also hideously ugly. It is the most large family unfriendly kitchen that could possibly exist.

I have two wall ovens, a gas one and an electric one. I was very excited about them until we moved into the house and I actually tried to cook in them. I can't fit any of my large pans in them, which makes them rather useless. There is also virtually no useable counter space, despite it being a fairly large kitchen.

This morning, I completely cleaned out the refrigerator and removed all the shelves to scrub them with bleach. I also have "issues" with refrigerator. It is probably the smallest side by side refrigerator you can buy and therefore NONE of my serving plates or trays will fit into it. And the other bonus feature of the fridge is it's location in an alcove. This means that the doors are unable to swing fully open. The shelves cannot be taken out with alot of yanking, twisting and swearing. I suppose most people would think the swearing was optional, but I really think it is a neccessary part of the process ;-)

Then I get to take the shelves over to my too small sink. It is a TINY double sink that, yes say it with me, NONE of my things will fit into. And to make the experience even more pleasurable, the faucet is small and has a low arc, so I can't even put a large stock pot into the sink to fill it up. Invariably everytime I use the sink water sloshes out all over the floor.

What kind of floor you ask??? The *white* *vinyl* floor. Then the children walk in with their shoes or dirty feet and I have mud all over the place.

Is it no wonder that I hate to cook so much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home