notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Butterflies and Tree Forts

They are everywhere in our yard!

We have one bush that had about 30 butterflies on it today. I have no idea what kind of bush it is, but it has lots of small white flowers on it.




The children built themselves a tree fort today, all by themselves. They chopped up twigs and branches and nailed them lean-to style onto a huge pine tree we have in our yard. The cut up a garden hose and nailed the strips to the side of the tree as ladder steps. I am SO hoping that it was the old broken hose, but regardless it was exceedingly clever and I'd rather replace a garden hose than stifle their creativity. They also used a section of it to make a telephone.

They also used a few rolls of scotch tape LOL. I asked my 9 yr old what the deal was with the tape wrapped all around the tree. He looked at me very seriously and said, "We had to give the babies something to do and I didn't think it was wise for them to have saws and other sharp things." I guess he learned a lesson from the pool box opening incident as well ;-)


It was a great day at the big yellow house and I was once again reminded of what neat creative kids I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home