notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

We're Baaaaack

Well, we are back from our long weekend of family fun and togetherness. Rob happily went to work this morning to relax. I think I even saw him skipping, whistling, and swinging his briefcase as he went down the driveway.

We had a great time, but, as with any vacation, the ride home was nothing short of hell. And why is it that the ride home always seems twice as long? And why is breathing so offensive to the person sitting next to you? And how do you actually burp *on* someone? And how do you know if someone is *thinking* of throwing something at you? And why can't two people look out the same window? And who cares who saw the bird, house, cow, dead animal first? And finally WHY doesn't someone invent a soundproof barrier that goes up behind the driver's seat like they have in limousines?

I keep wanting to write about our trip, but my cranky overtired children keep interrupting my train of thought. I am working on it though!

I am about to paint our window the belongs in the foyer. A window which we removed about a year ago. As part of our lead paint removal process at the big yellow house, we have all the windows and painted trim removed from our home and property and stripped down to the bare wood. Then I have the fun of repainting it all with some less lethal paint. The things I won't do to save a few IQ points for my children ;-)

Joy of all joys my contractor showed up this morning. My new french sliding doors should be delivered today and will be installed in my sunroom tomorrow. I should also have my new washer and dryer hooked up... trying not to get my hopes up too much on that one since I have been using the worlds smallest washer and dryer for over a year now. And by the end of the week our new half bath should be all hooked up. No more traipsing through the entire house from the backyard to get to the potty.


It is good to be home.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home