notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Smartass Is More Like It

After having a heated "discussion" with my eleven year old, in which he insisted his stupid ridiculous thoughts on alien abductions were undeniably true and refused to hear any evidence to the contrary, I said:

"You know what, I wish I was half as smart as I thought I was when I was eleven years old."

"Yes, but the difference is I am smarter than you."

Who is this kid? And what kind of price could I get for him on ebay?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha
I know all 11 year olds THINK it but what balls it takes to actually SAY it out loud!

Welcome to almost teenagerhood...it's a fun filled place.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man.

When I was that age, my parents and grandparents would always say, "Boy, it must be SO nice knowing everything." and I would say, "Oh, it's really great!"

12:05 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I think it's a universal problem with 11 year olds. Mine was the exact same way at that age. He's now 13 and in his "quiet" phase. Good luck.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Unfortunately, smartass kids are not getting the high prices as they used to. Looks like you are stuck with him.

Look on the bright side, you could have my four year old. He thinks the toilet is evil and will not poop in it.

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It only gets better as they get older! GOOD LUCK, I say.

2:20 AM  
Blogger Annalise said...

Maybe if we packaged up your oldest and my oldest together we could market them as some sort of buy-one-get-one-free deal?

3:53 AM  
Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

I think you should document this and have him sign it, then seal it in an envelope and store it with your keepsakes...then give it to him when he's 25. With love, of course! :-)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Heather@ Simple Panache said...

Oh just wait Chris. Unfortunately the sarchasm only gets worse! Wait until he is 15! (I have one of these)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I tried the ebay thing once with a surly teenage boy. I got an e-mail asking how much I would pay them to come get him and haul him off *sigh*

11:29 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Oh boy, and you have so many more kids who will hit 11 and say the same thing. I bet you'll develop a snappy comeback over time...:)

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home