notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Quote Of The Day

"You don't get money on Valentine's Day. You just get lots of love... and candy, definitely candy."

said by 6 year old son in response to his younger brother who asked if he was getting money.


I matted and framed this photo for Rob.

Seven Heads

Just slightly better than the dark glasses and mustache.

Yes, I gave Rob the version with the words all over it to being to his office. I had to make sure none of his co workers would try to take the photo and do something with it. Can't be too safe these days you know. The world is full of crazy people. CRAZY! And I am sure when they see the photo I'll seem very sane.

The children got Valentine beanie babies, mugs filled with assorted treats, including a package of hot chocolate, the good kind with mini marshmallows. Yeah, they are worth it. At least that is what I tell them.

Anticipating

The hyperactive sugar frenzy is beginning already. I really should stop eating the candy.

19 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Happy Valentine's Day! The picture is very cute, I'm sure he'll love it.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

How ADORABLE!!!!!!! I need to learn how to do cute stuff like that!!!!!!
Happy Valentine's Day! :)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Kristal said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I said on Flickr, the pic is gorgeous. Very cool. You'll have to tell me how you did it! Happy V-day.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

What a great picture! It turned out beautiful!

And what cute valentine mugs filled with love!

Did you get my email?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Happy Valentines Day!

The picture is wonderful. Awesome gift.

Looking forward to reading your mommyblogger post.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture!
I've got to get down stairs and do something crafty with the kids. Well, the 6 month old saves all his craft for the diaper and the high chair.
Happy V-Day.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Melora said...

The picture for Rob is fabulous -- did you take that? I hope I remember to steal your idea for the kids' valentine's treats for my family next year. Mine each just got a really big Hershey's Kiss (but since they don't read your blog, they think they did fine!). You are so creative.
Cordially,
Melora

10:56 AM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

So cute! I love the pic!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

that picture is great. he is going to love it!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

Very nice! I wish you could kind of get the heads to rotate clockwise. What's the HTML for that?

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very creative inspiration on the photo and the cool presents! Gorgeous pic. I'm sure your husband's co-workers are jealous! :) Happy V Day to you and yours.

3:19 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Very cute picture! With all seven of them! That one is definitely a keeper.

Tell Rob's co-workers to keep their grubby mitts off of it.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Heather@ Simple Panache said...

Very cute.. Happy Valentines Day!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

(Not the same Erin who posted above)!!

I absolutely love this picture! You must be so pleased that it came out so well...did it require a lot of retakes? This is heads (no pun intended - haha) above the rest from what we saw from the Christmas photos. (Although I loved those too; how could you not?) Awesome job, Chris, what a sweet gift for your husband to cherish forever.

9:50 PM  
Blogger cmhl said...

I love that picture!!!!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

That is such a cute picture of your children. I am sure your husband will love it.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Funny, my boys also asked "where's the money" when they opened cards from me and their grandparents! lol...must be a kid thing..

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That photo is awesome. It almost makes me wish I hadn't tied my tubes so I could have more kids so that I could do something equally stunning. I just can't imagine doing a version with only my three would be quite as cool as that one.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home