notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Our Busy Saturday

Well late yesterday afternoon the UPS man came to pick up the pool, but he was not able to take it because I had it packed up in 3 boxes, not one. I could not find a box large enough to put it all in. Taping all the boxes together was apparently *not* an option.

I was going to have to call and have them reissue tags for the UPS man to come back...another 3-5 days, and then probably 2 weeks before the new pool would make it to us. I reminded the customer service representative that we wanted to swim in the pool this summer, not skate on it in the winter ;-)

So I called around and found a Walmart that had one in stock, only it was an hour away from us. So at 9:00 I packed everyone in the van and off we went. The things I won't do for my children's happiness LOL.

From there we went to Home Depot and I returned a defective rug I had bought two weeks ago and bought some more grout sealer so I can put another coat on our new slate floor. I brought the kids through the McDonald's drive thru and then we stopped at the garden store.

I bought two flats of red and white petunias to put into our 4 flower boxes on the porch, and 6 large potted pink and white petunias for pots on the front porch steps. Also bought way more potting soil than I needed, it is so hard to judge how much you need.

When we came home my younger children "helped" me plant the flower boxes. I tend to be a perfectionist about this sort of thing and it is very difficult for me to watch them plant the flowers LOL. But I try to remember that the process is what is important, not the final outcome. If they kill them all I can always buy more flowers :-)





Then we dragged all the wicker furniture off the front porch and freshened them up with a new coat of paint. I got out the leaf blower and blew all the "extra" potting soil off the porch and driveway. The children had fun riding their bikes around me while I pretended I was a hurricane trying to blow them off their bikes. LOL

Another fun day at the big yellow house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home