notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Enjoying Our Day

Last summer when I was trying to lose my pregnancy weight, we would walk to our post office everyday. It is about 4 miles round trip and since the kids ride their bikes while I push the stroller, I have to walk rather quickly so that I am not left completely behind. It is pretty good exercise.

For the past few weeks that we have had nice warm weather the children have been begging to resume our daily walks. But, to be completely honest, the morning (all day long) sickness has wiped me out. I have barely had enough energy to walk to the van and drive to the post office. LOL

I needed to mail a present to my friend who just had a baby and this morning I was feeling somewhat human. So I filled up the water bottles and off we went. It was great. The weather was warm, but with a slight breeze. And I enjoyed looking at all the neighbors yards and seeing what sort of flowers they have blooming in front of their houses. My front yard is rather uninspired and could use some help.

And now we are home, relaxing on the front porch. The children have out their art kits and are coloring and painting. The baby is walking around showing off her newest word "NO". Everyone is having fun asking her questions just so they can hear her shout it. It is one of those perfect moments that you wish you could bottle up and save.

But, as with anything, the wonderful harmony cannot last forever. The 3 year old has just come out to inform us that he opened up the frog cage and one of the frogs has escaped. Now begins an all out search of the big yellow house. Should be fun.

Hmmmmm...think I could convince them to pick up all their junk off the floor while we are looking? I mean you never know the frog might just be hiding in the trail of legos.

I know, wishful thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home