notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ten Years Ago

Ten years ago I left the world of parents outnumbering their children and became a mother of two. Looking over the photographs and deciding what to write about for my son on his birthday has made me realize what an injustice photographs do for the experience.

We all look so happy and clean. You can't tell in the photographs that I hadn't slept for days or showered for weeks, or was it the other way around. Probably because there are very few photographs of me from that time since I was constantly in sweats with my hair tied back into a ponytail, and who wants to be remembered looking like that. So very unlike now.

Shut-up.

But I came across this photograph and in the interest of keeping it real, THIS is what it was like most days to have two babies 15 months apart. The crying in unison, the spitting up, the pacifier that Baby #1 kept pulling out of the mouth of Baby #2


roband2babies

It's a wonder I had any more kids.

14 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

They are still adorable in that picture!

What beautiful boys!

Happy Birthday to the 10 year old!

2:24 PM  
Blogger MF said...

"It's a wonder I had any more kids."

I think the answer to that little quandry is laying right there in the middle of those two babies ;)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

My first two were 15 months apart, also. It was quite a ride. I also now have seven children, so apparently all that lack of sleep disrupts the short term memory. Does it seem like 10 years ago?

4:28 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Man, it must be like birthday party cenral at your house ALL THE TIME! Have some cake (or wine) for me...

5:33 PM  
Blogger CooksonMom said...

It looks like you didn't have time to shave either!! LOL

Thank goodness for lack of sleep and fogetting those NON Kodak moments!! They're beautiful!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha I was just thinking about that today...the whole having kiddos close together-mine are 21 months apart and I can only imagine subtracting 6 months from that! You are strong woman and a brave woman-I salute you!!! Oh and a Happy Big 10 to your boy:)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Heather@ Simple Panache said...

Chris your babies are gorgeous. This picture is priceless. Happy Birthday "10 year old"!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Just D said...

Love the photo - its so real. Life isn't the clean and rosy cheeked babies - it's the overflowing toilets and colic!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

Bwahahaha!! Yes now everyone knows I have a tiny bit of a facial hair problem ;-)

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol
I have a picture of my 6'2" son like the baby on the right!

I may post it on his birthday this weekend.


Is your husband as handsome as his chin looks?

8:24 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Happy Birthday!!! That picture is too funny. I look forward (kind of) to moments like that.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Ms. Mamma said...

Great photograph! Chris, I think you should make your "contact me" link into something like a Red Cross icon. It would be cool and have almost a duofold meaning considering the new look! Good vibes and Feliz Cumpleanos, chiquitito!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Forget about the sweats and ponytails. You need to shave more. Have you tried the Gilette Quatro. It has 4 blades, you know?

Adoreable pictures of the kids. Some of my favorite pictures are taken in those "real life" moments when we stop living life for just a second and capture it. My favorite is one of Dan's grandma trying to hold Laylee and laylee screaming at her like she was the evil Santa Clause. Grandma has curlers in her hair and this bewildered look on her face like, "What is your PROBLEM kid?"

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home