notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It's All A Learning Experience

1) You should never use the toilet paper holder as a bar to hoist yourself up onto the toilet, or use it to vault off the toilet seat. It is not designed to hold your weight and it will be pulled right out of the wall.

Should you chose ignore this warning and do it anyway...


2) You should never hold the entire roll of toilet paper over the toilet bowl while you try to completely wrap your arm in a mummy-esque fashion in preparation for wiping your butt.

Should you chose to ignore this warning and do it anyway...


3) When the roll falls into the toilet, as it inevitably will, you should NOT try to flush the roll. It will not fit.

Should you chose to ignore this warning and do it anyway...


4) You should not grab the plunger and try to stuff the roll down the hole. It will not fit. Well, it might fit part way down, but it will not go down all the way, which is a problem.

Should you chose to ignore this warning and do it anyway...


5) You should not close the bathroom door and go merrily along your way thinking that the plumbing fairies will come along with their friends the cleaning fairies and clean up the mess. Leaving the scene of an accident is a felony, remember that.

Should you chose to ignore this warning, and really why wouldn't you at this point given your track record...


6) You had better be upstairs packing your bags to run away. I'll know it was you. The wet footprints that lead from the bathroom to you will be the initial tip off. The stench of poo and the wet cuffs on the bottom of your pants will confirm it.

Should you have ignored all the previous warnings, there really is no hope for you, but I'll give you one last piece of advice...


7) DO NOT, Under any circumstances, deny that it was you and say, "I didn't do it. Not Me." Unless of course you want to see your mother's head spin around and her eyeballs pop out of her head, dangling down onto her cheeks by springy tendrils. Contrary to how it sounds, this will not be cool.

If it has come to this it means you have ignored all the previous warnings and there is no hope for your redemption, and the baby Jesus is crying.


8) You should be prepared to do a lot more chores around the house because you mother is now blind. Also, she is dead.


What is the lesson in all of this is ...to always be cautious, honest, courteous, or ask for help? No, that would be wrong.

The lesson learned from all of this: 'Tis better not to wipe at all than run the risk of having to do more chores.

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!! We had the same learning experience here not 4 days ago. I can so feel your pain. Did you manage to get your eyes back into socket? Mine are still tending to dangle out this week.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha

As I was cleaning the bathroom yesterday I started wondering where the roll was.

I looked all around and found it SOAKED, shoved behind something on the top shelf of the baker's rack that holds towels (when there are clean ones)

What the heck?

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last line of that post is PRICELESS!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh my what a mess. The toilet, bathroom and the poop covered kiddo!

All I can say is good luck!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

oh my. i'm sorry. that is so very gross.

so, which one was it? or can't you say?

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can see how your day's going so far! I really hope your bathroom floor isn't carpet. We had that in a house once with four kids. Not smart. ;)

12:51 PM  
Blogger Wicked Stepmom said...

Oh my! Something similar, though not quite as high in the GROSS factor happened here too resulting in a tutorial on how to WAIT for the toilet to STOP filling BEFORE flushing it again, and again, and once more just for good measure. Thankfully, the threshold in the bathroom doorway is raised just enough to keep the floodwaters from spilling into the hallway.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Dana Glover said...

Can you at least disclose the approximate age of the offender so I can figure out if I have this to look forward to??

Thanks for the laugh.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I guess? Was it the five year old?

2:30 PM  
Blogger Kalisa said...

Oh heavens! Girl, it's amazing how much you know about BATHROOM BEHAVIORS.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CHRIS FIX THE HEADER FOR MOZILLA BROWSERS... I'M SORRY I HAVE TO SHOUT. I DON'T LIKE MY VOICE LIKE THIS.

Sorry. Bad habit. Been doing it all day...

2:47 PM  
Blogger Woman with Kids said...

Ohhh, that's wrong. Once had a flood from a truck down the loo. Apparently, trucks don't belong down toilets - who'd have guessed?

4:02 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

I DON'T HAVE TIME TO FIX IT FOR YOU MOZILLA PEOPLE! I AM TOO BUSY TRYING TO SET UP MY NEW BLOG AND REPEATEDLY BANGING MY HEAD ON THE TABLE!

I AM JUST ONE WOMAN!

sorry, was I shouting?

4:28 PM  
Blogger Annika said...

I'm using Mozilla Firefox for Mac and everything looks fine! But now I am paranoid that maybe my aesthetic sense is off and what I think is fine is actually awful! But I kinda doubt it.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

The baby Jesus may be weeping, but the Virgin Mary is laughing hysterically at this.

Good luck with the eyeballs.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Heather@ Simple Panache said...

LOL! Oh my, the thing that would really get me the most, would be the wet with poo pants trecking through the house! Ewww.. I really hope that you were able to get the toilet issue fixed! Nothing worse than a clogged toilet..Kids..Its never ending is it??

10:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

With our twin 4 year old boys -- I *know we financed our plumbers new truck. We kept that man in business more than once....

10:53 PM  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

Years ago, after much excited discussion, my 4 and 5 years olds decided to experiment with our toilets. One went to the main bath, one went to the guest bath. On the count of three, they simultaneously flushed leggos in one toilet, a roll of t.p. in the other. This of course, after they each went #2. All this happened while I was busy with small infant. After much cussing, and cleaning up poo, my hubs had to take one toilet off to get the blinking leggos. Funny now, but then, well it is a miracle my head didn't spin right off.

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toilets, poop, and kids. Good times. Have you considered renting out those cleaning fairies? I bet you could start a lucrative college fund!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

I've always felt that, when in doubt of your ability to do so well, it's simply better not to wipe...

8:04 AM  
Blogger noelle said...

ooooooh, so that's why my kids never wipe! LOL

10:09 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Awesome post!

10:28 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Umm, I suspect it was the repeat offender. The one who never does anything, even though he does everything. Am I right? Am I?

I'm a little grossed out now too. Can I send you a cookie to make you feel better? How about a cupcake?

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP dual batteries in a sony viao san francisco hotels http://www.driver-software-for-canon-digital-camera.info/Corded-headset-phone-wireless.html college girls hot tub Atv part performance suzuki Porsche car cover car insurance quote Paxil estroven interaction Dysfunction erectile injection penile 10 mg percocet Saris bones 2 bike car rack hispanc latino uncut cock History of the 4.7 liter jeep engine Importbuy meridia Glasfloss air filter g3

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blog - holidays in benidorm. A new site has been launched with plenty of bargain holidays to choose from. Bookmark http://www.bargainplace.co.uk not just for bargain holidays but for flights and transport to and from airports plus travel insurance deals and holiday clothes.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by death hanging hussein picture saddam

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home