notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Birthday Post

In honor of my husband's 41st birthday, and in lieu of an actual present, I present 41 things I love about him:



1)He can lift heavy things.
2) He has more shoes than I do.
3) The slipper dance, 'nuff said.
4) He calls me several times a day just to say hello.
5) He ends every phone conversation with, "I love you."
6) He is friendly, how many people are on a first name basis with the tollbooth collector and receive presents from this person
7) He is heroic in the true sense of the word, not the watered down we all are heroes version of the word
8) He denies he is a hero and thinks everyone would climb into a burning car to save strangers (for one example)
9) The fact that he honestly believes this despite all evidence to the contrary, like the crowd of people who were doing nothing.
10) He will eat anything, to include my cooking.
11) He can build stuff.
12) His butt in jeans
13) Or out of them
14) He is an incredible father
15) He laughs at the children when my first inclination is to reprimand.
16) He is good at taking out splinters
17) He hates talking on the phone more than I do
18) He is an excellent cook
19) He bakes bread
20) He's mine, you can't have him
21) He loves to garden
22) As a result we have the most gorgeous flowers in our yard, despite all attempts on my part to kill them
23) He doesn't laugh when I bring home another house plant
24) Well, not too much anyway
25) When I told him about Blogher he insisted that I go
26) And then hounded me until I made the reservation
27) He is supportive of me almost to a fault
28) He believes in me more than I believe in myself
29) He is athletic and still plays sports like he is eighteen years old
30) All the other forty year old men think he is crazy
31) He admits that he feels his age the day after, however.
32) He keeps me well stocked in pens, in spite of children who eat them (not really, I don't think, but I can't imagine what they do with them)
33) He can make a fire out of twigs, rocks, and a handful of dirt, or so it seems
34) When the door handle on his car broke he fixed it ... with a rope and a stick, until the new part was delivered
35) He handles paying all the bills
36) He irons
37) He can recite every movie he has ever seen
38) He thinks he can sing
39) and can not be convinced otherwise
40) He married me
41) and really believes he got better end of the deal.

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, you're going to make me cry. This is awesome; better than any present. Thanks for sharing.

And I'm going to e-mail you about Blogher.

9:24 AM  
Blogger stacydh said...

What a wonderful sentiment.

9:24 AM  
Blogger owlhaven said...

Lovely list. He sounds almost as wonderful as my hubby!
smile

Mary

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, did I miss a burning car story along the way?

I want to hear that one!

The door handle one made me laugh.


And what IS the deal with pens?
I can place 5 pens and pencils in this desk drawer and the next day there are none!

That is why we made the dining room into my husband's office, so he can have his stuff in there safe.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Awww... Happy Birthday!

9:50 AM  
Blogger saucymomma said...

I stumbled across your blog earlier this week and now I'm hooked. Thank you for sharing your life with all of your devoted fans.

Happy Birthday to your husband. He's lucky, so are the kids. You rock.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

What a loving tribute to your DH. I may just have to borrow the idea when it's my DH's birthday at the end of the month. Happy birthday to your DH!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Melora said...

Awwww! Now That is a good present, and it sounds to me like you both did very well in the spouse department.
Cordially,
Melora

10:16 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

How wonderful! Happy Birthday Rob!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful. He's lucky to have a wife who knows how great he is.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

happy birthday mr. chris! you sound terrific!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

Your's irons?!?!

Happy Birthday to your beloved hubby.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Happy Birthday, Rob!!!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! Dss b-day is today too. He says all the best people celebrate today.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Rob, and congratulations on your fabulous family! All the best for the upcoming year.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Happy Birthday Rob!

That was great Chris, he truly does sound wonderful. Don't sell yourself short, either, he's lucky to have you too :-)

1:21 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I love the list. He sounds like the best husband EVER!

You're going to Blogher?!?!? I want to go wiiiiittttttthhhhhhh yyyyyoooooouuuuuuu!!!!!!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

That is soooo sweet! He sounds like a great guy.

2:19 PM  
Blogger MF said...

You reminded me of all the reasons I love Dan, too. Including the climbing into a wrecked car to help folks out while a crowd stood around doing nothing and I quietly had a nervous breakdown. But sadly, there is no slipper dancing at my house.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Mom2the6Rs said...

We don't have the slipper dance...but we do have the Coka Cola dance. It MUST be similar!

He sounds like a great guy. My love for my husband could fill a list, and it is amazing, he is so different from your Rob, but so wonderful in his own way...My guy can't fix things unless they are hooked up with wires(he sells tvs, stereos and such). He did make a rabbit hutch, once, but I think that will be his first and final project.

I think he is a hero for stepping into the roll of Father 5 times. He has also allowed homeless kids, my aging grandmother, and a girl coming off crack, wanting to make a new life, live in our home, eat the food he paid for, and share his wife's time and energy. I think that says something for his heart.

Anyway, this isn't about my man, but yours. Happy birthday to the husband of the funniest, cleverest (or is that most clever), girl on the web. Thank you for sharing her with us. You make cute babies, too.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, that was really sweet. Happy Birthday, Rob!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

What a lovely list. I wish I'd thought of that idea for my husband's birthday last month.

Happy birthday to your husband.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post! He's a keeper! But, you already knew that.

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so sweet! Happy Birthday to your Hubby!
Dawn

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home