notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Precariously Close To The Straight Jacket

If I ever have a complete and total nervous breakdown, it isn't going to be the direct result of some major event. It is going to be an everyday occurrence that finally pushes me right over the edge.

It is going to occur because one of my children turned the toaster to the darkest setting after using it and I was the unfortunate person who tried to make toast next and ended up with the last two pieces of bread in the house turned to charcoal.

Or it will be that upon entering the shower I discover yet again that the brand new bottle of shampoo is empty and the bar of soap has been broken into hundreds of tiny pieces and stuffed into the drain.

Or it will be because the baby gate has been knocked down from the staircase and is laying on the floor at the bottom of the stairs and people are ignoring it and STEPPING ON IT rather than picking it back up.

Or because I go to buy some fancy pants clothing for my children to wear to my niece's night wedding and the sellers want to charge $15 shipping per item. What are they smoking? And more importantly, will they be mailing some of it along with the fancy pants clothing? Because maybe I'd consider it then.

17 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

This morning I screamed "If my dead body was lying on the floor would you step on it?!" My smarta** 11yo said not until the will was probated.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh how nice to know that every mother has crap like this going on!

My favorite is when I realized that someone had turned the dial inside the refrigerator to OFF!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

$15 per item! YEAH RIGHT! That is ridiculous!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Oh, that blows! I'm so sorry - fancy clothes ain't worth that...

11:27 AM  
Blogger Just D said...

love love love coming here... your "morning routine" had me LMAO...as did this current post! Happy place, happy place, happy place...

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! This is why I come and read your blog--thanks for putting those annoying things into fantastic words.

12:49 PM  
Blogger kbfamily said...

see, when I first read through I thought you said the BABY was knocked down and being stepped on.
no wait...that would be my house.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been known to pick up the phone with a 'Hello, this is the asylum'...

Karen

1:44 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

When my mother would be going somewhere when I was young and we would ask, "Where are you going?" She'd say "Crazy, want to come?" I sooo understand now.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I always yell "You are driving me crazy!" and my 8 year old has picked up my husband's habit of replying "Short drive."

2:32 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm like Tiffany's mom. When my oldest son (who is all of 4 1/2) asks where we're going, my standard answer is, "Crazy, you're driving."

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAHAH! You're awesome.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Melora said...

SO good to know it isn't just my family. Around here, any item that falls (gets flung, dropped, etc) on the floor becomes instantly Invisible. I have tested this, and my beloved children and husband will step on or over items such as spoons or underwear for Days. Furthermore, when I say, in my sweetest, calmest tones, "Will someone PLEASE pick up this mess?" I invariably hear "What mess?" They just can't see it.
Cordially,
Melora

4:47 PM  
Blogger Paisley said...

For $15 per item they should be MADE of whatever they are smoking. Ridiculous.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter continually turns the toaster down, not up. It's still annoying when my bread remains wan and obstinately untoasted even when it has popped up twice, but at least it can be remedied.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Speckledpup said...

last time they did the toaster thing to me I served well done poptarts for two meals in a row.
didn't fix them, but it was fun.

kids, can't do without 'em.

my life would be so dull if I were childless....

5:17 PM  
Blogger Me said...

LOL... but yeah, we all understand. ;)

As for the shipping $... can you call them and get them to combine shipping for you? I mean, you ARE outfitting a family the size of a small third world country. *wink*

Oh - and sorry to tell you it doesn't get better as they grow. Mine are now teens down to 10 years and NOPE... still don't know how to pick up without being 'reminded' they just stepped OVER their bookbag and jacket laying on the floor.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home