notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 23, 2005

I Love These Kids, Really I Do

I am sick.
I hate being sick.
But more than I hate myself being sick, I hate my kids being sick.
I hate them coughing in my face.
I hate them wiping their noses on the furniture.
I hate them using tissues to smear their boogers all over their cheeks.
I hate them mouth breathing in my general vicinity.
I hate listening to them sniff and snort instead of blowing their noses.
And that throat thing, ugh. makes. me. want. to. vomit.

All to say, this is why I could never have a job where I had to deal with the general public. I would not be able to hide my general disgust with people I didn't love.

On the up side, I love Nyquil and the sound drug induced sleep I enjoyed last night.

If only I could give it to a nine month old. If only...

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've got it all to come. I have a beautiful 6 month year old daughter. Can't wait!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Oh man, that sucks. Brent is sick and Sophia (as you know) is coughing like she has a 3-pack-a-day habit. But - knock wood - I'm fine.

I hope you feel better soon!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Anne Coleman said...

Oh ugh! Ian and Erin were boogering up my morning as well.

Benadryl is spelled B-E-N-A-D-R-Y-L :O)

Actually, I've never done itI. I'm too much the guilty-type to. I have had thoughts though.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm...Ny-Quil. I've been sick the last few days and the ol' NQ has saved me.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ick! I hate the coughing, I never cough. I swear they stand behind me and cough on purpose just to drive me insane.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Karan Simpson said...

Feel better soon!

10:39 AM  
Blogger MF said...

Miles is nursing, right? So he *is* getting the Nyquil :) There has to be some sort of formula to figure out how to take just enough to get a decent dose of drugs to him via bmilk without, you know, killing you.

I hope you feel better soon. I'll be thinking of you while I'm lying on the beach ::cackle::

I'm so going to hell.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Nyquil. I'm sorry you and the kidlets are sick.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

J,
I'll be thinking of you lying on the beach in the pouring rain.

Right there with you in Hell ;-)

12:58 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oh the throat thing. It makes me want to hit the person and then puke. I am sure my kids will never get sick because, as you know, my immune system is so strong ; )

1:01 PM  
Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

At our house it's the other way around, but mostly because I'm so un-fun when I'm sick, as I've been on and off since Labor Day. My son tells me to just stop being sick. I really should try that sometime. ;^) Sending you and your trible get-well-soon wishes!

2:10 PM  
Blogger The Nurtured Empath said...

Sorry you all are sick, Chris!
If it's any consolation, we're all sick here as well.....all except me. I'm sure I'll be down and out just as everyone is all better!! Ah, the way it works! ;o)

Take care and rest (whatever THAT is!!)
Blessings!!
~Penny
www.mama2fiveblessings.blogspot.com

4:37 PM  
Blogger robiewankenobie said...

i've been sick (more or less) since last november. six cases of strep, an upper resperitory infection, tonsillectomy, adverse drug reaction...and now i've got some other nasty bug. i hate being sick. *sigh*

and yes, they have to be, what, ten months? for that? *grin*

6:01 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

I feel your pain, as we are dealing with our 2nd snotty cold of the fall, even though it only officially started a few days ago.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home