notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Should We Stay or Should We Go

What to do?

As the second hurricane slams into Florida this month and a third is forcasted to possibly hit on Friday, we are wondering what to do about our travel plans. We are supposed to leave our house very early Friday morning and arrive in Orlando Saturday night. Even if the third hurrican does not head towards Florida, I wonder if things will be back to normal enough or will there still be food shortages and power outages and long gas lines.

Rob think we should just go anyway. He is of the "how bad could it possibly be" mindset. I, on the other hand, am more of a realist and realize that it could totally s-u-c-k (for lack of a better word).

I should probably apologize to the people of Florida because I am sure that it is my rotten luck causing all these hurricanes. Decide to take the kids to Florida for 12 days....nope hurricane after hurricane will slam the destination spot. I feel like Mother Nature is mocking me, "just how badly do you want to go on vacation?"
(Remember I got the kids a pool this summer and as a result it was the coldest rainiest summer in , well, forever.)

And yes, I know that there are people who have actual real problems as a result of this bad weather. Things like no electricity, food, shelter, water, flooding, no gasoline. And I feel for them, I really do.

But that doesn't diminish the fact that I want to go on vacation, dammit.

Rob is going to call the place we rented the condo though tomorrow and see how they fared through these storms. I suppose that has the potential to make the decision for us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annalise said...

Hi Chris

I found your blog via Rachel. Just wanted to say that life in Orlando is pretty much back to normal these days as far as food, gas etc goes. It's still too early to say what Ivan is going to do,though. Good luck making the decision!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home