notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

And Today We Ate...

I feel like I have been talking about food way too often lately. It is very uncharacteristic of me as I 1) hate to cook, and 2) don't have a particular fondness for eating other than for survival LOL.

This morning I decided to make use of the roughly two hours I have alone before the children wake up to make a coffee cake. It is one of the favorite breakfast items at our house. The children are all really cute as they wake up and come down the stairs and ask if it is coffee cake they are smelling.

It is just a simple Bisquik coffee cake that I modified from the one on the side of the box.

6 cup Bisquik
4 cup milk
1 cup sugar
4 eggs

Topping:
1 stick of butter
2 cup Bisquik
2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

This fits nicely in a 12x18 inch pan. Bake for 25 minutes at 375. It feeds all of us (more than one serving) with a tiny bit left over.

I'd like to just skip over lunch since I served PBJ again. Monday thru Friday I really very rarely make anything else, especially in the warmer weather. I did serve it with potato chips and carrot sticks today, although I am fairly certain I was the only one who ate the carrots.

Dinner was stir fried beef with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and water chestnuts served over rice. Everyone loved it except my 9yr old who had to be excused from the table until he stopped crying. Only one complainer is a success in my book. For dessert the children had the rest of the cupcakes.

I have to admit that it is nice to know in advance what I will be making for dinner and that I have all the ingredients I need. I have enjoyed seeing other people's recipes and grocery lists. I sometimes feel like I get stuck in a rut making the same stuff over and over again.

We will need to go to the store tomorrow for more sandwich bread and soymilk, so I will add that to the running monthly total I am working on.


1 Comments:

Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

That is it....I am moving to Hawaii ;-)
I am beginning to get the feeling that people in Hawaii like to spread the rumor of how expensive everything is in order to keep everyone else from moving there for the fabulous scenery and weather. LOL

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home