notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

So What's For Dinner?

Kim asked me if I was sticking to my new meal plan. Since it is only day two and my interest has not yet waned, the answer is yes LOL.

Yesterday we had bagels with cream cheese for breakfast, PBJ for lunch (as usual), and grilled chicken cesear salad with homemade bread for dinner, and chocolate cupcakes for dessert, which were mostly made by my 7 yr old.

I marinated the chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs) for the entire day in:
1c white wine vinegar
1c oil
a few generous splashes of Worstershire sauce
salt
freshly ground pepper
a few good shakes of garlic powder

Then I cooked them on the grill.


Today the kids had cereal for breakfast, PBJ for lunch, and I have chili in the crockpot for tonight. Chili is the children's favorite meal as long as it is served with Tostitos; they are the most important part of the chili recipe LOL.

The kids have soccer practice tonight so we will be eating dinner later than usual and I will have the pleasure of hanging around the soccer field with all the gossiping gooses from around town. And since today was the first day of school in our town I am sure I will be asked numerous times if we started school today also and all the other amusing homeschooling questions I am asked on a regular basis.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandie said...

Do you always plan your meals in advance? I'm not good at cooking but need to learn ASAP. My DH starts his new job as a corporate attorney in less than two weeks, and I am just wondering if planning out menus is the way to go.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

No I have not really ever planned meals out in advance before, at least not to this extreme. I definitely think it is the way to go as it makes it so much easier to know what your options are and that you actually have all the ingredients to make it! But sitting down and doing the planning is a pain...at least for me, which is why I have resisted doing it for so long.
I became motivated earlier in the week when my husband and I went through our spending and realized we were blowing close to $2000 a month and not being able to really account for it all.
Since you are a working mom I'd think about getting a crockpot and a breadmaker with a delayed timer, then dinner could be ready when you walk in the door at night, especially with two babies and no dh to help at dinnertime.

Good luck with your dh's new job... enjoy him now as you will never see him again ;-)

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a casserole recipe site/blog. It pretty much covers casserole recipe related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.




super bowl recipe


Hi matey and blog buddies, enjoyed the blog most interesting. Not sure how well you are doing in driving more traffic to your blog but If you are interested in promoting your site and getting more visitors (aren't we all??) I would definitely recommend the free Link Referral Program.

I have a website featuring super bowl recipe amongst other stuff and after trying every seo software/program on the net I got tipped off by an IT techi mate that the Link Referral Program was the best - more importantly it's free!!

The signup process was quick and before long my hits increased dramatically. Consequently my affiliate sales commissions and business sales went through the roof PLUS my website increased in google ranking which was an added bonus!!

If you didn't need this advice then I am sorry but you did have anonymous posting enabled on your blog. If anyone else has any good ideas for driving more traffic to blogs/websites then please share with your online business blog buddies. Ta ;-)









the Link Referral Program

.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home