notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

The Terrible Twos

My daughter seems to think she is already two. I keep trying to tell her that she has only just turned one a few months ago and that she should still be happy and content and not getting into things.

But she won't listen to me.

Yesterday she climbed up onto the kitchen table. She took her diaper off and peed on the table. Then she took every single wipe out of the brand new box of wipes and threw them off the table and onto the floor.

When I walked into the room she stood up on the table and screamed "uh-oh" and pointed at the mess. She said it like she was just as shocked and in a state of disbelief as I was... like she could not understand who would do such a thing.

I rediapered her and set out to clean up the mess. Luckily I was able to salvage most of the wipes, just hope I have no guests who want to borrow them.

I turn around after doing that and she is gone.

Someone had left the bathroom door open and she is playing in the toliet, with the jars of spices she has taken from the kitchen. Stirring the whole mess around with the toliet brush. I was momentarily thankful that she was not brushing her hair with the toliet brush like the last time I caught her in there.

I could not bring myself to salvage any of the spices. So anyone who feels like coming over to eat at my house can do so with confidence ;-)

But on and on she goes, a tiny destructive hurricane with a temper in the F4 catagory. When she gets upset with us she flings her little body down, rolls around kicking her legs, and bangs her head on the floor.

We were watching her the other day having one of her tantrums. She would scream and yell and roll and kick, then she would silently freeze and look at us to see if we were watching her. Once she felt content that she had our attention, she would continue.

And we, her captive audience, continued to watch... because she is just so darn cute.

I fear for the future, I really do.








1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

LOL! Go baby go!!! :oD

Olivia had a major tantrum, laying on the kitchen floor one night. I walked over her and went into the livingroom. She realized I'd moved, stopped her fit, came into the livingroom, calmly put her body on the floor, and restarted tantrum. Gotta love'em!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home