notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Me and Al Gore... We're Like That

The results are in and I didn't win the BoB. I guess it came out that I don't really have stripper sized boobs and that it was all smoke and mirrors and crumpled up toilet paper. I'll go pick the astro turf out of my braces now.


I met some great new people, like Grace and discovered some new (to me) blogs like Daring Young Mom, who has amazing super powers that I want to learn how to harness myself.

And above all congratulations to Lucinda.

But I have the Look At Me award over there on my sidebar, and that one means the most to me since it was created out of self deprecating humor, cynicism and friendship.

Oh, and my friend Jurgen Nation won for Best New Blog. With those umlauts, it was inevitable. Way to go, Stacy.

12 Comments:

Blogger Darren said...

"Self deprecating humor, cynicism and friendship." I think I just found a new tagline for my blog!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Awww, you're always a winner to me, Chris. And who wants a BoB, anyway? Right? RIGHT?

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have won.
You were the best!

There is a reason that you were the popular winner by far.

2:44 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

WHAT?!?! HOW?!?! You won BY FAR in the voting. I don't understand! I am very upset. I am filing a lawsuit on behalf of the public of voters.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

I had my money on you for the win....No, seriously. I lost a lot of money because of you. You should have tried harder.

Congrats on the big final 3 finish!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Well, you won the popular vote. I just had the electoral college. And you know what that means.... :)

I thought you'd win, too.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Melora said...

Well, I checked out the blogs you linked to, and you are my favorite. Lucinda is good, the others I just don't get.
Anyway, good show!
Cordially,
Melora

8:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

you got runner up! that's fantastic!

i love both you and lucinda, and i think you both deserved to win first place.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

?????

I was sure you were a shoe in, (and am confused how someone in the lead by over 100 did not win)but have to agree with Jennifer, Runner-up is no small potatoes!

Congratulations on making the top 3!!

And don't forget your camera when you head to Blogher! We want a full report on the fun you are going to have!!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Still a great showing. Congrats, Chris!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a winner to me, baby, and you always will be!

I heart you.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may have gotten 2nd, but I'm bookmarking yours. I "only" have 3 kids (altho now that I have em I wish I'd started younger and could have a couple more!) and the bedtime post just made me laugh. thanks

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home