notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Quote of the Day

said by me during a particularly loud and rowdy dinner last night.

"Will you shut your mouths and eat your dinner already."

Hearing muffled laughter I look over to see six children, with closed mouths, banging forks full of food against their lips.

And I laughed, while silently cursing them, like mothers have been doing since time began, I hope you have children just like you.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny!

Gee Chris, where do you suppose they get their sense of humor?

lol

8:42 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Too funny - kid humor is the best!

12:07 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

My mom said HALF AS BAD. That was her curse. Kids half as bad as I was.

You have to admit, they are very clever : )

12:56 PM  
Blogger MamaGeph said...

This is right up there with, "Go to sleep! One more peep, and you're in big trouble!" Followed by a chorus of "Peep, peep, peep!"

1:25 PM  
Blogger thatgirl said...

I love this image. You can't not be funny. :)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. Kids, gotta love them...

3:40 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Or, how about telling your kids, "It's bedtime, go jump in bed and I'll come give you a kiss." Only to go up and find them actually jumping in their beds.

~sigh~ Kids!!

4:56 PM  
Blogger ukok said...

I have said this myself on more than one ocassion, and it makes me feel so stupid when they look at me and burst into peals of laughter!

God Bless.

5:48 PM  
Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

Hee-hee! A buncha wiseguys!

9:23 PM  
Blogger buffi said...

Too good! Doncha love having such clever kiddos?!

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home