notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Can't Get Enough

I am the featured mommy over at mommybloggers today.

And to everyone who said such nice things about me, I take it that the bribes arrived to you safely? No? They'll be there soon. Soon being relative of course considering I can't seem to make my way to the post office but once a week. Seeing as it requires I leave my house and go a whole half mile away and all.

Thank you for all your kind words. I wish I had something better up today than my floor.

I can give you this little snippet of previously edited out conversation that occurred while I was on my hands and knees cleaning up all the excess grout off the floor:

"You should totally be thankful that you have a wife who does these kind of home improvement projects"

"I am very thankful, though buying this old fixer-upper house was your idea, remember? Now, if you would tile the floor wearing nothing but a thong, that would make me very very thankful."

"You know, there are some things that are better left to fantasy. Having given birth to seven children, my naked thong wearing body in the glowing fluorescent light that is our kitchen, is one of those things."

14 Comments:

Blogger halloweenlover said...

It is all true! You are the best, Chris. I love coming over here.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

You know, I think being honored like that is sort of a sneak preview of what your funeral will be like someday.

2:44 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

LOL re: the thong. I feel you on that one...the old gal used to rock and roll, but now... I am old.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Silly Old Bear said...

That's hott!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

roflol ...... still roflol.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*ROTFLMAO*

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL ~ MEN - can't live without 'em!

~biz

7:37 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Coffee out the nose.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Congratulations on the mommy bloggers. Way to go!

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just "found" you...what a gold mine! Thanks for your wit.

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great interview! I can remember reading Erma Bombeck in the newspaper when I was a kid. I thought she was funny, but didn't really get how important it was to be able to laugh when you have kids. Because if I didn't laugh I might might just cry or lose my mind...or both! Anyway, you have inspired me to start my own blog. (Well, you and Meg!) It is such a wonderful creative release. As well as a way to put some of the crazy stuff that happens everyday in perspective. Thank you for making me laugh, cry and generally not feel so alone. Ashley

7:53 AM  
Blogger Karen Bodkin said...

Congrats on the blog-loving. Since Lucinda pointed your site out, I've been back every day - I love your writing. We need to talk to those Mommybloggers about cash prizes, no?

7:57 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Chris, when are you going to collect your posts into a book?

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband wanted to buy a fixer-upper. I was aghast... "Who" I asked "WHO would fix it up???"

Not him, that's for sure.

As for the floor-cleaning thong dealio... sheesh, those men sure are perceptive, huh? I mean, how else would they know that when we're on our knees cleaning up gunk on the floor that all we can REALLY think is "I feel so sexy... I wish he'd TAKE ME NOW and ravish my body... Ewwww, baby, do it..."

haha

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home