notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Two Non-Posts in One day

I was out for most of the day today (tubing if you are interested) and when I came home to all the comments on my delurking post, I was blown away. I mean I see my sitemeter and the number of hits I get everyday, but I assumed most of them were just me obsessively hitting the refresh button to see if any one had left a comment yet.

I've made it part way through the list, visiting everyone who has left a comment, though some of you didn't leave a link, which I should probably thank you for because my fingers are exhausted. I think my fingers are losing weight, my wedding rings seem a bit roomy.

Then I heard that I am a finalist for a BoB award. First off I was excited, and then incredulous. I mean, why me? There are so many good blogs out there.

Then I went and saw who else was nominated and visited some of their blogs.

Suddenly I felt like the skinny teenager with braces and acne who mistakenly sat at the cool kid table, and then spends the entire lunch period praying for a fire drill and hoping no one will talk to her and ask her who the hell she thinks she is for sitting there.

Because if she tried to answer them she would probably end up spitting food out of her mouth or laughing nervously until boogers flew out of her nose. And then she would have to move far, far away and change her identity, lest she be subject to the never ending ridicule.

I should probably try to be gracious and just say thank you to everyone who nominated me. It was suggested to me that I have a problem taking compliments and should perhaps have made it a New Year's resolution to stop the self deprecating comments. But I don't make resolutions, and so I continue on.

And to think I have wondered where my children got their flair for the dramatic.

21 Comments:

Blogger elzie said...

You are a true gem in the bloggy world.
I am a self deprecating type too.
;-) I just try not to be overwhelming about it (NOT that you are).

You completely deserve any accolades that come your way via your wonderful writing/humor/insight :-)

(eli)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Bickler3 said...

LOL I will comment..only because you must have been watching me in high school..and seen that whole dreadful scene unfold....(at the lunch table)I must confess I to am always looking for comments..just to know someone was there...but I just remind myself..that there are many times I enjoyed the post but don't really have anything relavent to add....so I to an just a "lurker" from time to time...

You can take a peek if you like..or not Bickler.blogspot.com

8:25 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Thats so exciting...good luck I hope you win!

Wow two posts in one day!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I was very excited to see your name on the list of finalist (well probably not as excited as I would have been had I seen my name but whatever...) Congrats and it is well deserved!

9:15 PM  
Blogger -R- said...

I have been reading your blog for a few months, and it makes me laugh all the time. I love your writing, and congrats on the award nomination!

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, i was totally gonna nominate you, but many many people had already done it. p.s. thanks for visiting my blog.

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nominated you and I saw several others too.
(I am your biggest fan you know)

You totally deserve it.
Many other bloggers have said that your blog is their "must read" and that includes me!

Good luck!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

i nominated you. i've been checking out your competition and i gotta say, all the blogs that were nominated are very good, but yours holds a special place in my heart...and many other people's hearts too by the look of it.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Minerva said...

Just came to visit you via the BOBs and love the blog..
You write beautifully, and I SO identified with that gawky teenager...

How many of us are there?

Minerva

9:33 AM  
Blogger Speckledpup said...

but we like you
we really, really like you.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Fieldfleur said...

Congrats! Enjoy the new table!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

Congratulations on making it as a BoB finalist! I suppose in my case, it was an honor just to be nominated. So thank you for that, Chris.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Go Chris! Whoo hoo! You so deserve it.

I saw your comments explode yesterday, and I had to keep coming back to read them!

I love it!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Paisley said...

You deserve your nomination! Your blog really inspires me and I think you are a fabulous writer. To me, you are at the cool kid table.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking to say that I love this blog! I stumbled across it last summer and have checked it daily ever since. Okay, back to lurker status for me.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

Hey, just glad I could say I was there. lol.

Seeing your response makes me want to try the same thing, but I fear the outcome. Your experience can be likened to the self-depricating kid who walks into the same room, though the same door, every day, with nothing but the occasional acknowledgement from the random passer-by. Then, one day, her appearance is greeted with that slow clap that builds into thunderous applause, letting her know she's far more liked, and much less average, than she'd thought.

But I estimate my own experience entering the same room would be to one day open the door, step inside, and be greeted with "HEY! Get off the danged floor, I just mopped over there you moron!"

10:45 AM  
Blogger K said...

I mostly lurk so I will come out and say hi. You are fun and a great writer and make it seem possible to have 7 kids.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Congratulations! I just wrote about the gawky teenage years on my blog yesterday. Thanks for stopping by, too! It was an honor to see your name in the comments section!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Congratulations and nice to meet you! I can see I have some stiff competition! It's an honor to be a finalist with you. I'll be back!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog ##TITLE## is a great place for scar removal. Thanks ##NAME##.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Britt Phillips ComputerMillions.com said...

I've assembled the most complete Acne resource on the web. If you are looking for anything remotely connected with Acne, you will want to bookmark the resources I've assembled. For me it was finally realizing their are things I could do to control my Acne. This is my gift back for what I found during my research. acne free treatment acne free treatment

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home