notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bringing New Meaning To The Term Soup Kitchen

My husband has a full size refrigerator/freezer at his office. In the year he has been working at this office a few people have occasionally made use of the refrigerator for storing their lunches. The freezer, however, has always been completely empty.

A couple of months ago, Rob decided that he would bring some food in to put in the freezer, so that when those days arise where he can't go out for lunch, because he is too busy, doesn't have the inclination, or whatever the case may be, he can go to the freezer take out a hot pocket or something similar and microwave it. And there, instant lunch! He brought a couple of boxes and stacked them neatly in the back corner of the freezer. The rest of the freezer remained empty and unused.

That is until yesterday.

Rob went into the freezer to get his last hot pocket and found this:






The entire freezer is filled with containers of soup.

He stood there looking at it in disbelief, wondering if it was some sort of practical joke, when one of the secretaries, or whatever the more politically correct word is now, came into the room.

"Do you know what is up with all this soup?" he asked.

"Oh yes, it's mine." she answered, "I just love soup."

And here we come to reason #432 of why I could never have a job where I had to work with people. I would have been forced to say something like, "What the hell do you mean you love soup? Don't you have freezer space at your own home? Are you anticipating a soup shortage and stocking up for the long cold winter?"

And then I would have taken a picture of it and posted it on my blog. I like soup too, just in moderation.

I have been giggling about it all day. Yes, it doesn't take much to excite me as evidenced by yesterdays post. I forced Rob to go with his camera phone and take a picture of it for me. I just had to see the former cool whip and butter containers pressed into service as tupperware.

I was not disappointed.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least it's homemade.

I work with 22 other people, with one refrigerator/freezer. Needless to say, I bring only lunches that need no refrigeration. If I do bring one requiring refrigeration, it has a habit of disappearing...
Diane

4:44 PM  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

Soup? Like you I'm trying to figure out why the woman would need to store that much soup in the freezer at work.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Tori said...

LOL, People are so wierd. There was one manager I worked with who felt since she worked really long hours she could just help herself to whatever she wanted in the fridge (yup, including other peoples stuff). She also would go through drawers for Tampons. I gave her an earfull, including curse words when I found out she took all of mine when I needed them! There was another time though I made a BIG mistake. My brother worked at the same place. He borrowed a tupperware type bowl, then brought it back with lunch for me he made. I lunched on the most YUMMY Ginger shrimp dish telling my coworkers I couldn't BELEIVE my brother made this dish. Then an irrate email came out from another person about their lunch being stolen.....Yup, hers was in the same type of container! I felt so bad! I did tell her, and apologized profusely, offerred to buy her lunch at the cafe or local resteraunts and let her know it was the best lunch I had! After we both got over it, I'd often tease her, asking if she brought something good for lunch and if it was in the fridge.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

Tori,
OMG, that is so funny. At least it was good and you hadn't been going around telling everyone about the crap lunch your brother brought you ;-)

sleeping mommy,
odd, isn't it? She actually said she cleaned out her freezer at home and brought them all in.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was telling a friend just yesterday that at this point in the game I don't think I could stand to go back to work in the public world.

People are just plain weird.

and obnoxious...and rude....and mean...

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHE CLEANED OUT HER FREEZER AT HOME?! That is biZarre with a capital zed. And funny, I admit...

10:23 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

That is nuts. I have never seen that in my life. That would have made me laugh as well.

Go Rob actually taking a picture for the internets pure pleasure!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

That is so funny! People are so weird. At first I thought the picture showed a freezer full of ice cream, at least that's normal!

8:46 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

That is so weird. Why would someone bring all their soup from home to work. I can understand if her freezer was broken but bringing it in because she likes it. Weird.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If You are looking for more info on books and am glad to be on your site. If you want to find out more about......books then go visit http://homebooks4u.com......You wont be disapointed..Thanks For Visiting

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home