notesfromthetrenchesIII

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.notesfromthetrenches.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Being Blessed

Niki just wrote on her blog how blessed she feels in the midst of all the tragedy that is going on.

A common thread that has woven it's way through people's blogs yesterday and today. Even on days when there is nothing bad going on in the world, I question how I got so lucky to have the life I do.

But I have to wonder if I would feel that way if it were me and my family who had lost everything, or rather all of our material possessions. I'm not sure I could be so gracious.

Niki is from New Orleans. She lost everything she didn't have with her.

She was on he way home from Bulgaria and Romania, a missionary trip where she "danced with the Gypsies". She was in the air flying home as Katrina hit. She is an incredible photographer, funny as hell (I hope that's an okay way to describe someone who does missionary work... funny as God himself? would that be better. I dunno), and a genuinely nice person.

Go visit her blog and give her some love. Who can't use a little more love in their life.

3 Comments:

Blogger buffi said...

Wow. Thanks for the link. Makes me want to go up there and just give her a big hug. Sure puts life in perspective, doesn't it?

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, she is indeed and incredible photographer. I can't imagine coming back from another country, only to find that my home is gone, along with everything in it.
Just no words to describe the situation.

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. A fantastic site, yeah!)

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home